Last Updated: 22 February 2017
HomeSense is a trading name of TJX Ireland Unlimited Company, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX Ireland Unlimited Company is an Irish registered company (company number 316341) with registered Office at Segrave House, 19-20, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland and Vat Reg, IE6336341.
Access to and use of this website and the products and services available to purchase through this site are subject to the following terms and conditions. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy.
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
General terms and conditions
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and Ireland and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
- If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
- TJX will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and TJX reserve the right at any time to:
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods, featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act 2001, the Criminal Damage Act 1991 and the Criminal Justice Act 2011 or any other applicable legislation to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
- deny access to the website where we reasonably believe (in our absolute discretion) that a user is in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or our Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy.
Gift cards can be purchased in store and online for HomeSense and TK Maxx. TK Maxx is a trading name of TJX Ireland Unlimited Company a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX Ireland Unlimited Company Registered Office: Segrave House, 19-20, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland. Vat Reg, IE6336341E Co ("TK Maxx"). No. 316341. For more details about TK Maxx please see www.tkmaxx.ie.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. HomeSense gift cards can be used in HomeSense and TK Maxx stores. A gift card can only be used in the country in which it was purchased.
2. There are two types of gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it at any time up to a maximum value of €999.99. A specified value gift card has a fixed amount when purchased and further amounts cannot be added. Ask in store if you are not sure which gift card you have.
3. Gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise. No more than five gift cards can be used in one transaction. Gift cards purchased in store cannot be returned or exchanged for cash.
4. The holder of the gift card is responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced.
5. Purchases made with a gift card will be deducted from the balance until it reaches zero. No change will be given, so the remaining balance will stay on the gift card and can be spent on future purchases. If the purchase price exceeds the amount available to spend on the gift card, the remaining balance can be settled via another accepted payment method. You can check your balance in store or online at www.homesense.ie.
6. The cost of anything you buy with a gift card and return to store in accordance with the TK Maxx and HomeSense Returns Policy will be refunded to a gift card. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
7. The funds on your gift card are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme, the Deposit Guarantee Scheme or any other compensation scheme.
8. Your card will not expire
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for gift cards purchased online please see our gift card order page.
Terms Governing Web Content and its Use
Linking to this web site
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, Trade Mark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX, TK Maxx, HomeSense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK, Irish and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
Submission and Uploading Material for our website
Other than personal information which is subject to our Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy, all comments, blogs, feedback, suggestions, ideas, original materials such as stories, artwork, computer code or product and marketing ideas and any other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to TJX on or through the website or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered by you to us (collectively "Submissions") shall be and remain the property of TJX. Such disclosure, submission or offer of Submissions and your agreement to these Terms and Conditions shall constitute an assignment to TJX of any intellectual property rights.
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions.
Further, TJX shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TJX will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TJX and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX 's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX’s directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX.
It’s very easy to return something you have bought in store
- Return your purchase in store within 28 days with a receipt as proof of purchase for a full refund
- Merchandise must be unused and in its original condition including packaging and labelling
- Pierced jewellery and gift cards are excluded from our returns policy (Gift cards purchased online are subject to separate terms and conditions- see the gift card page for details)
- If you paid by credit or debit card any refund must go to the card you used to purchase
- If you paid by gift card the refund will go on to another gift card
- Gift receipts can be used to return an item for exchange or gift card but not a refund
- HomeSense items cannot be returned to a TK Maxx store.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Instagram Competition - Full Terms & Conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of United Kingdom aged 18 or over excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 GMT on 31st October 2017 and 23.59 GMT on 7th November 2017.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Instagram account is required.
- To Enter: Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free) and upload a photo of your favourite in-store find(s) with the hashtag #treasureseeker and #homesense, to be entered into the prize draw.
- Maximum one entry per person is permitted during the Promotion Period.
- The Prizes: There will be two winners; one from the UK and one from the Republic of Ireland who will each win 1x £25 or €25 Homesense Gift Card.
- The Homesense Gift Cards are subject to its own terms and conditions and can be found here: http://www.homesense.com/terms.php.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes from the date of winner acceptance.
- Winner Selection: All valid entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period will be entered into a prize draw to be conducted within 3 working days of the closing date by and independent entity.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be contacted via direct message on Instagram within 5 working days of the draw and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications 14 days of initial contact; the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and the prize will be allocated to an alternate entrant selected in the same manner.
- Moderation: The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- contains any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- includes trademarks, logos, or copyright material not owned by you or used without the rights owner's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- defames, misrepresents, or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners); or
- promotes any political agenda.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Winners will be required to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
- If you are a winner of this Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your name and county of residence to announce the winners of this Promotion and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- The name and counties of the winners will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to Homesense marketing, TJX Limited, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX which will be available after 13th November 2017 for 4 weeks
- By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram, and that Instagram has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- This Promotion is governed by English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: TJX Limited, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX.